Join our amazing team!
The Peoria PlayHouse Children’s Museum is hiring a Membership and Marketing Coordinator, a part-time (29 hours per week) position with a flexible schedule. This staff member will be in charge of the museum’s membership program, as well as considering data across the museum and coordinating marketing, especially on social media and the museum’s website.
Below is a full description of the job; read more or apply here. Thank you, Museum Questions readers, for helping to spread the word about this job!
Peoria PlayHouse Children’s Museum: Membership and Marketing Coordinator
POSITION: Part Time (29 hours per week)
- Four-year college degree preferred; extensive experiences in a like position with similar duties or responsibilities may be substituted for all or part of the education requirement.
- Ability to create and adhere to highly structured calendar of tasks, including weekly, monthly, and annual deadlines
- Comfort with / ability to learn and use fluently: Facebook, Instagram, WordPress, and membership databases, as well as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience using statistical math to inform decision making as well as track budgets; general skill at data analysis
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and customer service skills, in person and over the phone.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with a minimal degree of supervisory oversight.
- Ability to keep information confidential
- High degree of accuracy and close attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, other park district personnel, and the general public. The interest in and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Interest and commitment to the mission of the Peoria PlayHouse and the welfare of local children and families.
- Membership processing, including processing applications, generating cards and communications, maintaining an accurate database, and assisting members in person and by phone.
- Assist with transition between membership databases
- Manage membership revenue and expense lines
- Work with other PlayHouse staff to refine membership structure, benefits, materials and processes.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly reports on a range of data points, as well as creating other data reporting as needed.
- Use Microsoft Excel and other mathematical tools for analysis; perform calculations to determine statistical differences between data points.
- Coordinate PlayHouse marketing, including creating and maintaining PlayHouse marketing calendar, updating PlayHouse website, and social media posting
- Attend office staff and all-staff meetings and assist with training as needed.
- Adhere to strict confidentiality requirements.
- Follow all safety procedures that pertain to the duties performed and support all aspects of the Park District’s safety program.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Pay rate is $12.00 per hour.
How to Apply:
- Complete an online application at peoriaparks.aaimtrack.com/jobs/ or view Employment Opportunities in the “Join our Team” section at www.peoriaparks.org. Applicants may submit a resume, but to be fully considered for this position an online application must be completed. While we appreciate all submissions, due to high volume, only those applicants who are selected for interview will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
- The Peoria Park District hires without regard to race, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge from military service, or disability to person the tasks of the job. All qualified individuals are encourages to apply. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.